Cheese Fries at Nick's Lake House in Lake Harmony

Nick's Lake House in Lake Harmony, PA is pretty happening spot to be on the weekend. On Friday night after I ran around like a crazy mom to all my kids teen functions I had a chance to stop off for a beer and fries with a couple of friends. The weather was perfect for sitting out on the deck, chatting with friends and listening to the live band - The Mighty Three. Shout out to the band for rocking everything from Grateful Dead to the Rolling Stones.

My friends were already there when I arrived and the waiter was just leaving the table. He asked for my drink order and asked if I wanted a menu. As I've stated previously, I rarely need a menu. I'm going to ask for cheese fries. So I told him no, but that I wanted an order of cheese fries. This made my friends laugh at the table so it was worth it to see the waiter a little perplexed. He rolled with it though.

After a few minutes my cheese fries arrived. Nick's has a lot of things going for it. There is plenty of awesome food. One of my friends had a crab cake that looked utterly delicious. I've heard rave reviews of the food. I'm rather disappointed in the cheese fries. They were not bad. The fries themselves were pretty good. They were crispy and salted. The cheese was a queso cheese on the side in a little cup. I really don't mind dipping my fries in the cheese sauce. I just wasn't expecting to. These fries are decent at the end of a night when you've been drinking and just need something to absorb the alcohol. They don't get the worst rating on my cheesiness scale but they don't get the best.

I give these fries a 2.5 on the wedge scale.

I'm going back to Nick's tonight to see my friend's band, Feelin' Good, play. Maybe I'll look at the menu.

Comments